Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ah, chocolate cups!






It's amazing how many times I can lose something.
I had two camera cords, yet I managed to lose both of them.
Then I lose my camera...

Oh well, what can be lost can be found, right?

Well, I finally found my camera cord so now I can finally upload pictures and artwork. It just took me a couple weeks of searching!


York Mints were always a favorite of mine. They, and Reese's, were definitely my favorite part about going to the grocery store with my parents. Of course, I would never eat them now, but luckily, making homemade mint patties isn't that hard to do.
They're a little bit more goopy, and the rice syrup may make them not as pure white, but I thought these turned out delicious!

Peppermint Patties:
1 C quinoa
3/4 t peppermint extract
1/4 t vanilla extract
pinch salt
pinch cinnamon
pinchi nutmeg
2/3 C almond milk (plain, unsweetened)
1/4 C Rice Syrup

1. Bring the quinoa with 2 C water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Let it cook for 11 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Once cool enough, blend the quinoa with the rest of the ingredients in a blender. It's okay if it's not perfectly smooth.

Tahini-Ginger Filling
1/2 C tahini
1 t cinnamon
2 Tbsp maple syrup
ginger root, to taste
1/4 C peanut butter
Dash cayenne pepper

Toss everything in the food processor and blend.


To make the chocolate cups:
In a double boiler, melt chocolate (Use at least 1 C and add more as you need to. The amount of chocolate will depend on how much you use per cup and how many cups you're making).
Line a cupcake pan with cupcake holders (I like If You Care brand ☺), and spoon in enough melted chocolate to cover the bottom of each holder. Place in a spoonful of the filling inside, making sure you can see a ring of chocolate on the outside (the filling should not be touching the holder). About 1 1/2 Tbsp is a good amount, but it all depends on what you like.
Spoon on some more chocolate over the filling, enough to cover it and leave a more or less flat top.

Allow to cool.

Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a great looking recipe! I used to enjoy Peppermint Patties too. I look forward to trying this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete